Safety Tips For Homeowners Who Suspect The Presence
Hire Professional Asbestos Removal Services For Your Toronto Home
Hire professional asbestos removal services for an effective resolution of the problem in your Toronto property. If you suspect that asbestos is present in your home or work place do not panic. Leave the material alone and call a certified asbestos inspector to determine the level of risk before taking next steps.
Exposure to this carcinogen can be deadly. Here are some important guidelines to help keep you and your family safe till your Toronto asbestos removal company arrives.
Asbestos Do's And Don'ts For Toronto Homeowners
- Minimize activities in areas with damaged material that may contain asbestos.
- Do not dust, sweep, or vacuum debris that may contain asbestos, or saw, sand, scrape, or drill holes in asbestos materials.
- Never use abrasive pads or brushes on power strippers to strip wax from asbestos flooring.
- When asbestos flooring needs replacing, install new floorcovering over it, if possible. This is recommended over trying to remove the old asbestos flooring.
- Clean the area containing asbestos with a wet mop to avoid tracking the material that could contain asbestos through the house. It is highly recommended that you call a professional asbestos removal service for proper clean up.
- Ensure that removal and major home repair is done by people trained and qualified in handling asbestos.
Important Points To Remember About Asbestos Removal
The repair method: This usually involves sealing or covering asbestos material keeping the toxic substance in place. Repair is usually cheaper than removal, but it may make the removal of asbestos (if necessary) more difficult and costly in the future.
- Sealing involves treating the material with a sealant that either binds the asbestos fibres together or coats the material so fibres are not airborne. This should be done only by a certified asbestos removal service.
- Covering on the other hand involves placing a protective wrap over or around the material that contains asbestos to prevent the release of asbestos fibres into the air.
The removal method: Material which contains asbestos is first tested to determine the extent of contamination and then carefully removed to completely eliminate any future problems. Effectiveness and safety of the asbestos removal service, however, depends on the training and skills of the professionals you hire.
Asbestos Environmental Of Canada (AEOC) provides professional asbestos removal services for all types of Toronto properties. Our licensed inspectors and removal technicians use the latest equipment and proven techniques to ensure accuracy and safety throughout the process. You can count on us for effective resolution of your asbestos problem.
For quick, safe and effective asbestos removal services in Toronto, call the Asbestos Environmental Of Canada at 416-985-5025 today.