Toronto Asbestos Removal Services Will Help Avoid The Health Risks Of Asbestos Exposure
Hire an established Toronto asbestos removal company to reduce the health risks associated with prolonged exposure to this carcinogen. (Asbestos has been classified as cancer-causing substances by health authorities across the world).
Asbestos is made up of a group of minerals that occur naturally in the environment as bundles of fibres.
Continual contact with high concentrations have been linked to several serious
- Asbestosis - a scarring of the lungs that makes breathing difficult
- Mesothelioma - an otherwise rare cancer of the lining of the chest or abdominal cavity
- Lung cancer
- Cancer of the larynx
- Ovarian cancer
- Cancer of the pharynx and stomach
- Smokers who are also exposed to asbestos have a greatly increased risk of lung cancer
- Some studies also suggest a link between asbestos exposure and gastrointestinal and colorectal cancers, as well as an elevated risk for cancers of the throat, kidney, oesophagus and gallbladder
Why Do You Need Asbestos Removal?
When products containing asbestos are disturbed, tiny asbestos fibres are released into the air. When these fibres are breathed in, they can get trapped in the lungs and remain there for a long time. Over a period of time these fibres may accumulate and cause scarring and inflammation. This can affect breathing and lead to serious health problems like those mentioned above.
Asbestos Removal For Your Toronto Residential Or Commercial Property
Never attempt to remove products suspected to contain asbestos yourself. You run a very high risk of exposure and can increase the area of contamination which will affect all other occupants as well. Asbestos removal should always be left to the professionals. They are trained and have the right equipment (including safety gear) to ensure it is done in a safe manner.
What Does A Typical Asbestos Removal Process Involve?
- Asbestos testing by licensed inspectors
- Verification of the findings by an independent lab
- Formulating a proper asbestos removal plan
- Sealing of the contaminated areas to prevent exposure or contain the spread
- Proper disposal of contaminated materials
Asbestos Environmental Of Canada (AEOC) provides expert asbestos testing services by certified Toronto inspectors to confirm if this cancer-causing substance is present in your home or business premises. Our detailed reports then form the basis of an effective asbestos removal plan. We use the latest equipment and techniques to ensure you are completely safe from this toxic substance.
If you are looking for a company that specializes in asbestos removal in Toronto, call Asbestos Environmental Of Canada today at 416-985-5025.