Avoid Bad Indoor Air Quality And Mold Growth With Regular AC Maintenance
Get Mold Testing Done To Rid Your Home Of This Health Hazard
Get mold testing done professionally to determine whether this toxic substance has invaded your Toronto home. Indoor air contains viruses, bacteria, microbes, mildew, allergens and many other harmful substances. A poorly working AC can encourage unhealthy concentrations which may cause you and your family members to get sick.
Here are five ways in which your air conditioning system may be promoting mold growth and affecting air quality.
- Poor filtration: Dirty, clogged or ineffective filters can allow harmful or irritating particles to circulate throughout the home. Check the filters and change them regularly to minimize dust and mold build-up.
- Too much moisture: Moisture control is essential to prevention of mold growth. A humid environment is breeding ground for mold, mildew and other harmful microbes. Your air conditioner helps control humidity. Check your AC to ensure it is working the way it should.
- Leaking air ducts: Leaking air conditioning duct joints create a moist environment for mold and mildew. They also pull contaminated air from inside walls and attics which are mold-prone areas. Ask your AC technician to inspect the ducts and ensure they are properly sized, sealed and clean. You will have to schedule a separate mold inspection to determine if mold is growing in the walls and attic of your Toronto home.
- Dirty condensation pans: The condensation pan which is directly under the coil of your AC is a breeding ground for microbes, bacteria, and mold. Ensure that it is always clean.
- Mold build-up in your AC: It is not uncommon for your air conditioning system to develop mold and mildew. If you see visible signs or smell the foul odour, call a professional mold testing and removal service. Do not risk exposure by attempting to clean it out yourself.
Asbestos Environmental Of Canada (AEOC) offers professional mold testing services for Toronto homes and commercial properties. There are many different strains of mold and identifying them correctly is key to effective mold removal. We have a well-defined and proven inspection process to ensure maximum accuracy. You can rely on our expert mold inspection and removal service to restore a clean indoor environment in your home and business.
If you are looking for effective mold inspection and removal services in Toronto, call the Asbestos Environmental Of Canada at 416-985-5025 today.